+61 2 8458 4217
Largest household appliances study in Australia featuring extensive analysis across a large range of product segments.
We deliver extensive brand analysis across an extensive range of household appliance product segments, providing rich insights into the consumer purchase journey, extent of pre-purchase research, brand perceptions and drivers that can help suppliers understand and evaluate their marketing strategies.
Household ownership rates, detailed segment analysis and frequency/mode of use data has helped energy authorities and government agencies to evaluate usage patterns and model demand for energy.
Our understanding of the market and our continued dedication to ensuring our research is relevant and dynamic helps our clients position themselves to advantage.
The report includes:
- Household ownership. Detailed analysis of household ownership rates and whole-of-population data across all product segments.
- Product segments. Detailed segment analysis and rich insights in frequency of usage.
- Purchase process. Reasons for purchase, pre-purchase research, purchase journey, purchase motivation.
- Brand. Market share, influence, recommendation, drivers, image and perception ratings.
- Retailer/Supplier. Price paid, place of purchase, online purchase analysis.
- Product Specifics. Every report also contains additional analysis specific to each product. We also investigate energy issues, where relevant.
The study is presented across five categories, incorporating individual product reports within each volume. The categories are:
- Whitegoods. Refrigerators, Cookers, Rangehoods, Washing machines, Dishwashers and Clothes dryers.
- Small Appliances. Toasters, Irons, Food preparation items, Fryers and cookers, Kettles, Espresso coffee makers, Hair care appliances.
- Climate Control. Window wall air conditioners, Split system air Conditioners, Ducted air conditioning, Gas heating.
- Hot Water Systems. Gas continuous flow, gas storage, electric storage, solar and boost, and heat pump.
- Floor Care. Canister, upright, hand-held, stick and robot.
Large sample size. We undertake an online survey at least 5,000 households to ensure a robust sample size across product categories.
Consistent and comparable research methodology. Our consistent line of questioning across key variables allows time-series analysis.
National coverage. We conduct the survey in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, plus regional areas of the Eastern States.
Weighted data. Survey data is weighted up to project results to all Australian households.
Speak with an expert